Samsung Galaxy Watch Review.
For Android users, the world’s most popular smartwatch – the Apple watch – isn’t an option and Google’s wear OS has disappointed repeatedly. So, Samsung’s latest Galaxy Watch does well, still looking and feeling like a regular watch. Worth taking a long hard look at for smartwatch newbies, especially those with Samsung devices.
The Galaxy watch available in 42 mm diameter and a bulkier male-targeted 46 mm, retains the circular design and rotating bezel navigation that Samsung has perfected over the last several generations of Tizen based smartwatches. Two benefits – the Galaxy watch feels less like a gadget and more like a watch, and the bezel based UI is far more intuitive to use than tapping a touchscreen all the time. The 1.3 inch AMOLED display on the 46 mm is arguably the best display one would find on a current generation smartwatch – its vibrant is visible in varied lighting and the always on display helps with that regular watch feel. But the always-on display cuts the stellar four-day battery life down to two days.GPS route tracking and auto workout detection are impressive, and IP68 and 5ATM water resistance is a plus.
Samsung Galaxy watch Specifications
- Circular design and Vintage textured body with scratch-resistant Gorilla glass DX+
- Swim ready – water resistant up to 50 m (5 ATM)
- Check physical location and map routes with built-in GPS
- Track exercise time, calories burned, heart rate, distance and pace
- Battery lasts over 80 hours on Bluetooth mode and 24 hours with GPS on
- View schedule at a glance in my day watch face, get reminded of appointments and important occasions
Samsung Galaxy Watch price in India is 24,990 inr / 29,990 inr
The Tizen based OS is compatible with Android and iOS smartphones, and while the built-in apps are good enough for the heart rate/fitness/sleep tracking and the watch face options are aplenty, third-party apps support for many popular services is limited. The Bixby voice assistant needs work, and pricing is a tad on the higher side.